Creating your own product line is not necessarily as hard as it seems:
- Find a niche product that you know a lot about:
- Search amazon.
- Don’t look at anything that is seasonal or less than $10.
- Is there any thing that you could slightly change to make it better? Could you source it for cheaper? Could you promote or market it better?
- Search Alibaba or DHGate to find a manufacturer that is selling something very similar or the same.
- Message them for quotes
- Remember, you need to find a product that you could sell at many multiples from what you purchased it at. Amazon FBA and marketplace fees take a large percentage of your selling costs.
- Buy some samples. They may charge a lot for shipping or the product. Ask for this to be refunded after the first order is placed.
- If you are satisfied with the samples, place a small order to test the market.
- Create a website. Use a wordpress theme. We recommend div shot. Make it seem that you are an established and real company.
- Get someone to do on-page and off-page SEO for you.
- Create all social media accounts for your website and private brand. Connect all social media accounts with IFTTT or Stringify.
- Contact blogs within your niche and ask them them to conduct a product review in return for free products.
- Started to grow? Find a no interest intro credit card so that you can source more goods.
When you get bigger, sign up for a no fee credit card that allows you to source your product. Amazon may offer you a small loan.
These are all based upon my experiences so far. Feel free to let me know what you think!